All About Us
Just for Kids
Just for Teens
The West Nyack Free Library is pleased to provide free wireless Internet
access for the use of our patrons. Agreement to abide by the following rules is
a precondition for having access to the wireless network.
- Patrons must accept the library's basic policy and rules for access the
Internet. Paper copies of this policy are available at the Adult Reference
- The patron is responsible for setting up his or her laptop and software
to permit wireless access through the library's network.
- Access to the wireless network requires an authenticated barcode and
password. Holders of the Ramapo Catskill Library System library cards may
access the network by using their assigned barcode and PIN number. Persons
without library cards may access the system through the use of guest numbers
provided by the librarian on duty.
- The library does not assume responsibility for the safety and integrity
of personal equipment, laptop configurations or data files.
- The library cannot vouch for the security of wireless communications. It
is strongly advised that wireless communication not be used for the
transmission of sensitive or personal information.
- Patrons may not use the library's printers with their own laptop
- Library staff members are not permitted to configure a person's personal
laptop or to provide assistance with the installation of hardware or
- Patrons are responsible for providing virus protection for personal
- The library cannot vouch for the reliability of any website nor the
success of any given online transaction.
- The library's wireless network may require periodic maintenance, and the
library cannot be held responsible for unforeseen down time.
- Patrons using personal laptops in a manner disturbing to others in the
library will be asked to turn off the equipment. Repeated violation of this
rule will result in suspension of usage privileges.
Approved by the Board of Trustees, May 2006